Equate Scotland are delighted to be hosting our next Equate MeetUp in collaboration with Diodes, West College of Scotland and DYW West to promote Modern Apprenticeship opportunities.
This event takes place on 2nd March 6pm – 7.30pm on Zoom. You can register here and find out more below.
At Equate Scotland we want to see more women and girls being trained as engineers. As part of Scottish Apprenticeship Week, we have partnered up with Diodes, a semiconductor manufacturing company, to showcase why a Modern Apprenticeship in engineering is an ideal pathway for women and girls.
Based in Greenock, Diodes manufacture electrical products that you find in everyday items like smart phones, smart watches and cars. Diodes took over the site in Greenock in April 2019 and have invested heavily not only in equipment, but also training and development for all employees, as now more than ever the future is looking very bright for the company.
This event is designed to encourage women into engineering and provide an insight into what a Modern Apprenticeship with Didoes is like.
You’ll hear about the benefits of a Modern Apprenticeship, what training you will receive from West College Scotland and the career journeys of three women currently working as engineers at Diodes.
You should attend this event if you are:
· At school and interested in science, technology or engineering.
· At school and interested in finding out more about a Modern Apprenticeship.
· A parent who wants to learn about the benefits of a Modern Apprenticeship.
· Teachers or career advisors who want to know more about Modern Apprenticeship opportunities in the Inverclyde area.
· Women who are interested in starting a Modern Apprenticeship in engineering.
Diodes recruits apprentices of all ages and welcomes anyone regardless of their life stage who is interested in pursuing a Modern Apprenticeship to join this event. We are delighted to be delivering this event with the support of DYW West and West College Scotland.