What is it?
The Career Enhancement Programme (CEP) is for women and minority gender people looking to take the next step in their careers and develop their leadership skills.
For this upcoming course, we are focussing on the green skills sector, therefore the course is for people who are working in, or are aiming to transition their careers towards the green skills, renewables, and environmental sectors.
Green skills are a rapidly growing job market with more and more positions becoming available as Scotland transitions to a net-zero, low-carbon future.
The course provides bespoke training in confidence, communication, and leadership skills to support you in taking your next career step and moving into a leadership position.
This programme is being sponsored and hosted by Forestry Land Scotland and we thank them for their support.
What is the format?
Three, in-person training sessions taking place on Tuesday 30 April, Tuesday 21 May, and Tuesday 11 June. Each session is taking place from 9:30 – 3:30 and will be held at the Forestry Land Scotland Office at 99 Haymarket Terrace, Edinburgh.
As well as the training, there will also be many opportunities to network with peers and with speakers.
There will be 14-16 participants on the course.
Travel and accommodation costs can be covered where necessary to allow participants to attend.
What are the benefits of participating?
- Help you to clearly identify your strengths and skills.
- Develop your confidence to take your next career step.
- Understand your career goals and develop your confidence to take your next career step.
- Understand your personality type and how that influences your working style.
- Experience a positive learning environment with like-minded people.
- Develop your professional network.
- Meet inspiring professionals already working in the sector.
- Applicants must be a woman or minority gender person.
- Applicants must be based in Scotland.
- Applicants must currently be employed (this is due to the fact that participants will be asked to action their learning in their workplace).
- Applicants must be working in, or looking to transition into a green skills role or career
- Not suitable for students or new graduates.
- Applicants must be available to attend, in-person, for all 3 dates in Edinburgh (travel and accommodation will be provided where necessary)
How to Apply
Places on the course are limited so we are not able to provide places on a first come, first served basis. To apply, please fill out this short application form letting us know how this course would benefit you and your career development.
The closing date for this course is 28/02/24 and we will be informing applicants whether they have a place week commencing 04/03/24*
*This may change if the application period is extended.