This blog is by Amanda from Stemettes, an organisation supporting girls across the UK to enter STEM.
What is #MonsterConfidence?
#MonsterConfidence is FREE day with a packed schedule of career workshops, inspirational talks from role models and opportunities to meet the industry. We are going to give you a boost of confidence into your STEM career. Stemettes have teamed up with recruitment giant Monster to help inspire young woman (aged 15+, who are at school, college or university) who are considering pursuing a career in STEM. On Friday 6th October, #MonsterConfidence is coming to Edinburgh.
We’ll be at Heriot Watt University. Spaces are limited, so sign up now.
Here are the six reasons why you should come to #MonsterConfidence:
1. INTERVIEW PRACTISE – This is a chance to get comfortable with speaking to employers about yourself and learning how to ask the right questions.
2. CAREER WORKSHOPS – Gain important skills for your future career. You will be in a room with expert recruiters from Monster and you will leave that room with a better CV, better interview skills and a better LinkedIn profile.
3. MEET THE INDUSTRY – There are companies (some big names too) coming along who want to hire young women like you. You will also get to meet dozens of role models who have been there, got the t-shirt and have come back to inspire you. You’ll hear about their up and downs, and join their networks. Who knows? You may even find your next career mentor.
4. IT’S FREE -Did I mention that it’s all? Thanks to sponsors Monster. There will also be free food, swag bags and an after party for over 18s.
5. IT’S EXCLUSIVE – We’re coming to the big cities and there’s limited spaces. Sign up now to reserve you space – and get your friends to come along too.
6. IT’S A SAFE SPACE – Nobody at this event will say “Girls don’t do that”. #MonsterConfidence is all about giving young women a boost of confidence into their STEM careers.
P.S. THERE WILL BE A GIANT MONSTER – If that wasn’t enough to convince you, there will also be a giant 8ft monster there to take selfies with…Reserve your space now
If you are a woman already working in STEM who wants to inspire the next generation, you can sign up to volunteer. Any Q’s? Pop Amanda a message at