As spaces are for limited for ConStructEd applications will be shortlisted by Equate staff. To do this we will use your answer to the question: ‘Why do you want to take part in ConStructEd?’. If we have lots of applications, we may also prioritise space for those with no previous experience.
What are we looking for?
We expect you to write around 150-300 words about why you want to take part.
We are looking for people who are enthusiastic about the event and have identified how it will benefit them now and in the future. Please provide as much information and context as possible.
When thinking about why you want to take part please consider:
- Are you interested in working in construction in the future and/or looking to getting experience to help you make decisions on your next steps?
- Will this experience help you with your studies?
- Are you looking to develop skills beyond your studies such as (but not limited to) teamwork, hands on project management, communication, renewable energy?
- Do you want to meet new people in the sector/your area of study?
- Have you had barriers (for example as finance, time, confidence) previously which mean you have not had experience(s) like this?