This event is for women working in science, technology, engineering, maths or construction (STEM).
Are you looking for an opportunity to develop yourself and your career? Wanting your voice to be heard whilst making a real difference? Keen to expand your network, build your experience and develop your skills? Then a position on the Board of a public body could be just what you are looking for.
Public bodies are involved in a huge range of activities, from specialised areas such as crofting or legal aid to education, sports, tourism, health and social care. In Scotland, regulated public bodies are responsible for spending over £13.5 billion of public money each year. Boards are most effective when made up of people from different backgrounds with different skillsets. It’s therefore critical that our public bodies reflect the whole of our society. To achieve this, they need to get applications from a broader range of people with new ideas and perspectives.
At this free introductory seminar, run in partnership with Scottish Government, you will:
- Learn about the Board “landscape” and why you might be interested in being involved
- Hear first-hand about the recruitment process from Scottish Government staff
- Hear from two speakers who have applied and successfully secured board positions
- Explore what skills, knowledge and experience boards are looking for and understand what you have to offer
- Network with like-minded women in STEM