Whether you are a first year STEM student pursuing an internship or a final year student seeking a graduate post, the search takes time and a high level of self-analysis. The purpose of these workshops is to ensure that all women STEM student applicants are given the best possible chance to stand out in an interview that showcases your skills and personal attributes to the actual job requirements.
This is a two part series. The first workshop will lay out the groundwork for interview skills and enable you to practice competency and strength questions with other students. The second workshop will be with STEM recruiters who give you insider tips on what industry is looking for and you will be able to ask questions related to particular STEM fields in breakout rooms.
The first workshop will help you:
• Align your application to your chosen employer
• Identify transferable skills
• Learn to maximise the interview experience by improving your understanding of STAR techniques (competency based interviewing)
• Gain insight into the different interview techniques used by employers
• Practice competency and strength based interview questions
• Understand the benefits of obtaining feedback in ‘rejection’ scenarios
First workshop March 3rd 5- 6:30pm
Second workshop March 16th 1-2pm