Are you an employer in Scotland’s STEM industry?
Would your company like to establish a new or develop an existing inclusive internship programme but aren’t sure where to start?
Are you an employee who would like to host an intern or start a formal programme within your organisation?
Building an inclusive workplace is a major facet of the modern workplace and is an important strategy for business success. Recruiting, developing and retaining employees with an array of experiences and characteristics is key for fostering a workplace that enables you to attract top talent. Internships play an important role in helping you attract top talent by building a diverse early career talent pipeline. Well structured inclusive internship programmes can benefit both interns and employers and there are many business advantages to hosting internships. Join Equate Scotland to learn best practice on establishing a successful internship programme and how using inclusive recruitment practices will help you reach women STEM students and widen your talent pool.
Benefits of attending
- Learn about the importance of having a diverse and inclusive workplace and why internships are important for building a diverse early career talent pipeline
- Learn about the key steps involved in hosing an intern including how to plan, recruit, host, monitor and evaluate inclusive internships to maximise your return on investment
- Learn what makes a good internship successful for the employer and the intern
- Learn what you can do to make your recruitment practices more inclusive and how inclusive recruitment practices will ensure your company and opportunity appeals to the widest talent pool
- Learn how wider inclusive recruitment efforts can be used to raise your profile