At Equate Scotland, we believe in creating more inclusive STEM workplaces and we are working with employers who share the same vision. This time, we have partnered with Balfour Beatty to provide you with some new perspectives on possible careers in Civil Engineering.
The industry is changing rapidly and the development and use of new technologies are creating exciting new career opportunities for women.
What to expect
- Get the chance to know more about Balfour Beatty, their graduate programme and placement opportunities.
- Hear from inspirational women who will share their stories and their take on how to make your way in the professional world.
- Get the opportunity to network, meet with a leading employer in the sector, and ask questions in an informal and fun environment!
You should attend if you are a woman studying Engineering or the Built Environment, looking for a graduate programme or placement, interested in exploring career opportunities or keen to learn from other women in your field. Please read our Inclusion Statement for further information.
About our speakers
- Joy Blackburn, Emerging Talent Specialist, Balfour Beatty. Joy will present the company and talk about coming graduate opportunities within the company.
- Martyna Widenska, Graduate TW Design Engineer, Balfour Beatty. Martyna has been involved in various projects across Scotland. She will share her story, experience in Temporary Works and why they are so significant in the industry.
- Itziar Cores, Graduate Civil Engineer, Balfour Beatty. Itziar will share how she decided to pursue a career in Civil Engineering and her view on what women can bring to the table as Civil Engineers.
About Balfour Beatty
With over 110 years of engineering and construction expertise in delivering highly complex infrastructure schemes through to projects at the heart of local communities, we finance, develop, build, maintain and operate.
We are leading the transformation of our industry to meet the challenges of the future. We harness the power of digital and cutting-edge innovation to redefine the possible and drive productivity. Trusted by customers to deliver sustainable solutions and strengthen communities we leave a legacy we are proud of. Always safe. Always reliable. Always improving lives.
We support each other to deliver and succeed, placing equal value on all perspectives by embracing diversity and inclusion. Together we deliver powerful new solutions, collaborating with governments, our customers and partners to shape thinking, create skylines and inspire a new generation of talent to be the change-makers of tomorrow. Balfour Beatty: Building New Futures.
About Equate MeetUps
Equate Scotland MeetUps bring together women studying, working and looking for opportunities in Science, Technology, Engineering and the Built Environment. They are informal networking events,
providing the opportunity to meet employers and other women in the industry, with the goal of providing an insight into Scotland’s STEM job market. Hosted by partners of the Equate Careerhub (our online job board for women in STEM) each MeetUp will explore a different STEM area and will be an opportunity for women at any stage of their career to learn about new opportunities, share their career journeys and meet like-minded women.
Can’t make it? Sign up to our newsletter to learn about job opportunities and networking events.