The Constructionarium Programme is a 3-day hands-on construction experience aimed at women students in their 2nd year of a civil engineering or built environment related degree or HNC/HND level college students.
Attendance at this course provides an opportunity for students to develop hands on practical skills and knowledge that has real value in the Construction industry. The experience is designed to give you an increased understanding of how engineered solutions constantly evolve during the construction phase of a project.
During the course students will work in teams to design and build a scaled down version of a wind turbine, under the guidance of a professional contractor and an engineering consultant.
How you will benefit:
- Gain an improved understanding of technical documentation
- Experience with working with tolerances
- Understand how interdependencies work in a real environment
- Experience of managing a site and co-ordination of activities
- Working with different materials
- Gain onsite experience that you can include on your CV – making you stand out to future employers
- An great opportunity to develop your team working, communication, problem solving and decision making skills
- Meet other women studying Built Environment subjects and start to build your peer network
Deadline for applications is May 3rd 2019