Universities and Colleges
Over the years nearly three quarters of Scotland’s universities have used our experience and expertise and we have partnered with or provided training and development to 13 colleges across the country.
We know that to tackle gender inequality in science, technology, and engineering and built environment, we need to think about both recruitment of girls into STEM and the retention of those women who have chosen to study in these fields. Colleges and universities therefore have a significant role to play in addressing the issues of the “leaky pipeline” both in terms of reducing the drop off and open the doors to enable more women in.
There is considerable good practice across the sector that needs to be celebrated and with Equality Outcomes, Athena Swan and the Gender Action Plan increasing the focus on these activities, Equate Scotland is here to support this work and the sharing of knowledge and learning.
What we offer:
- Capacity building through training. All of our training and development portfolio can be tailored to the educational setting. We offer one training session for free to all public sector organisations.
- Confident Diversity training specifically for universities and colleges considering how gender is framed within the STEM classroom.
- Provide bespoke support, training and consultancy for interventions you are making in the area of gender equality in STEM
- Deliver career development for women within your institution through tailored workshops or our open CPD and coaching programmes
Ongoing free support through our current funded projects:
- Through our Positive Action Project we can provide free language reviews of marketing, recruitment and course materials and provide information and advice on how to approach taking positive action measures
- Work with you to support the success of your students through our Interconnect student network and Careerwise work placements