Universities and Colleges
Over the last twelve years nearly three quarters of Scotland’s universities and colleges have used our experience and expertise.
We know that to tackle gender inequality in science, technology, and engineering and built environment, we need to think about both recruitment of girls into STEM and the retention of those women who have chosen to study in these fields. Colleges and universities therefore have a significant role to play in addressing the issues of the “leaky pipeline” both in terms of reducing the drop off and open the doors to enable more women in.
There is considerable good practice across the sector that needs to be celebrated and with Equality Outcomes, Athena Swan and the Gender Action Plan increasing the focus on these activities, Equate Scotland is here to support this work and the sharing of knowledge and learning.
What we offer:
- Capacity building through training. All of our training and development portfolio can be tailored to the educational setting. We offer one training session for free to institutions who are new to working with us.
- Provide bespoke support, training and consultancy for interventions you are making in the area of gender equality in STEM
- Deliver career development for women within your institution through tailored workshops or our open CPD and coaching programmes
Ongoing free support through our current funded projects:
- Work with you to develop and support your women student on STEM courses through our student network
- Your departments and research centres can offer student opportunities through our Careerwise work placements