Free CV review service for women in STEM
Our CV review service is designed to provide help you prepare for your next career move – whether that be a promotion, returning to work after a career break, or taking a completely new direction.
We understand that updating your CV can be challenging and sometimes overwhelming, especially when you are seeking a career change or returning from a career break. It can be difficult to know how to best translate and present your skills and knowledge to appeal to potential employers.
These are just some of the areas we can support you with:
- Advice for new residents to Scotland who are entering the job market for the first time
- Language and grammar support, particularly if English is not your first language
- Preparing your CV after a career break
- Advice on layout and structure to make your CV visually appealing
- How to present your skills and experience to reflect a job description
- Writing a personal statement which best reflects you and your expertise
- General review for anyone who wishes to keep their CV up-to-date
Who is our CV review service for?
You can benefit from the service if you are:
- Based in Scotland
- Identify as a woman or non-binary person
- Are currently studying*, working, or seeking work in a STEM sector or role
*If you are a STEM student, we would recommend that you first check with your university/college as they can provide tailored, course-specific support available through the careers service.
Please note that:
- Please note that it usually takes up to 5 working days for us to review and provide feedback and recommendations on your CV.
- This service can only provide advice on the content and layout provided within your CV.
- We are unable to support you to fill out specific applications or give you advice on a niche or specialist job role in the STEM market.
- If you are looking for guidance on your career or unsure of what steps to take, please apply for a Career Clinic appointment by clicking here.
How to get started?
- Complete our enquiry form here
- We will get in touch with you to confirm we have received your enquiry
- Send a Microsoft Word (or other editable version) CV to the email address provided within the confirmation email
- We will get back to you with our feedback and recommendations via e-mail within 5 working days